There are various centres of mediatization research in Europe, including the following:
- Priority research program , coordinated at the University of Bremen, Germany
- Research network on „Mediatized Stories“, coordinated by the University of Oslo, Norway
- Research program at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- “Mediatization of Politics“, a project about theory and research on the Mediatization of Politics, administered by Jesper Strömbäck.
- The research network “Communicative Figurations“ is a joint initiative of the Universities of Bremen and Hamburg with the Centre for Media, Communication and Information Research (ZeMKI) in Bremen and the Research Center for Media and Communication (RCMC) and the Hans Bredow Institute for Media Research (HBI) in Hamburg.
- “National Center of Competence in Research Challenges to Democracy in the 21st Century“ (nccr democracy), launched by the Swiss National Science Foundation
- The „Sector Committee for the Mediatization of Everyday Life and Culture“ is an initiative of the Bank of Sweden Tercentennary Foundation (Stiftelsen Riksbankens Jubileumsfond) to strengthen research on mediatization from cultural perspectives and build inter- and transdisciplinary networks between researchers and practitioners in this area.